Comments

I really appreciate comments on my website and want people to give me their views. Please take the time to comment when visiting! The comments are moderated and I will post any comment that is signed and contains content that is generally about the subject of the post. I will not post comments that contain bad language and no anonymous comments will be posted! Thanks for Visiting my blog!

Search This Blog

The Cost of War

Recent Books I have Read and Recommend

  • "John Adams" by David McCollough
  • "Traitor to His Class" by H.W. Brands
  • "FDR" by Jean Edward Smith
  • "Truman" by David McCollough
  • "Thomas Jefferson Passionate Pilgrim" by Alf J. Mapp, Jr.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Geographical Proximity Theory?

"You can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska," Sarah Palin on her foreign policy credentials. One just has to laugh, I mean does she actually believe this gives her credentials on foreign policy because Russia is a few miles across the Bearing Straight? Has she ever been to Russia? Evidently she has not, because articles I have read on the Internet state she has only been out of the country once to go to Germany and Kuwait and that she didn't get her first passport until last year. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, in an interview with the Omaha World-Herald stated, “I do think in a world that is so complicated, so interconnected and so combustible, you really got to have some people in charge that have some sense of the bigger scope of the world, I think that’s just a requirement.” Well, Senator, I do too. Of course, Hagle is retiring from the Senate at the end of his current term. Being that he doesn't have to run for re-election, he is able to talk more freely and not toe the party line as much. To me, it's a blot on our political system that a Senior Senator, with years of experience, has to wait until he is retiring to speak his mind. He went on to say, when asked if Sarah Palin is qualified to be president, "I think it's a stretch to, in any way, to say that she's got the experience to be president of the United States." See Link for more on this subject.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/18/hagel-on-palin/

No comments:

Blog Archive