Comments

I really appreciate comments on my website and want people to give me their views. Please take the time to comment when visiting! The comments are moderated and I will post any comment that is signed and contains content that is generally about the subject of the post. I will not post comments that contain bad language and no anonymous comments will be posted! Thanks for Visiting my blog!

Search This Blog

The Cost of War

Recent Books I have Read and Recommend

  • "John Adams" by David McCollough
  • "Traitor to His Class" by H.W. Brands
  • "FDR" by Jean Edward Smith
  • "Truman" by David McCollough
  • "Thomas Jefferson Passionate Pilgrim" by Alf J. Mapp, Jr.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt

Today at work I heard something that really made me think. We were discussing profiling and the majority of my team seemed to have no problem with our government randomly picking someone out in an airport line just because they look somewhat like a person of Middle-Eastern origin. I was incensed! To tell the truth, it made me so mad, I lost my cool. Seeing how totally ignorant people are to the complete and utter disregard of the principles this country was founded upon made me quite ill. Well, I suppose I am, and have been, truly naive. We are facing an enemy that is stealthy, determined, well-funded, and bent on the utter destruction of the United States of America. And worse than this, we are apparently apathetic or just plain ignorant. It's incredibly hard for me to believe that in my lifetime, we have gone from being a shining example of freedom to the near fascist state that exists now. We have been subjected to fear, uncertainty and doubt in an ever increasing stream of media for over thirty years now and it's finally working. I once heard it said this country would never be conqured from outside, but would be from within, I now believe it's true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive