Comments

I really appreciate comments on my website and want people to give me their views. Please take the time to comment when visiting! The comments are moderated and I will post any comment that is signed and contains content that is generally about the subject of the post. I will not post comments that contain bad language and no anonymous comments will be posted! Thanks for Visiting my blog!

Search This Blog

The Cost of War

Recent Books I have Read and Recommend

  • "John Adams" by David McCollough
  • "Traitor to His Class" by H.W. Brands
  • "FDR" by Jean Edward Smith
  • "Truman" by David McCollough
  • "Thomas Jefferson Passionate Pilgrim" by Alf J. Mapp, Jr.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Center Right, My Ass!

The right wing has come out with it's newest talking point and have started spinning this idea that this nation is a center-right nation. If you listen, all of them are saying it, all over Faux News and CNN and MSNBC and everywhere, if you see a right-wing pundit, this is what you will hear. No matter that the Democrats have taken more than fifty House seats in the past two elections, but also almost completely taken over the Senate, not to mention the Presidency. They would have us believe that we are still a center-right nation and this means we had better listen to them and not try and enforce our leftist agenda on the nation. What a load of BULL! The nerve of these people astounds me. We have just been through twelve years of almost complete Republican rule and what have we to show for it? Unemployment almost double digits, banks going out of business, people losing their houses and we are expected to believe they have all the answers? They have ruined this nation with their trickle down economics and free capitalism policies and still they think the electorate is more in tune with their views? I will answer with a great line from one of my favorite movies... Inconceivable!

If the Democrats in congress roll over for the right this time, every one of them needs to be removed from office. We have a chance to change the failed policies of the last twelve years, to take back some of the liberties that Bush and Co. have stolen from us, with bills like their Patriot Act. I wonder what Thomas Jefferson would have said about this moronic piece of legislation. Oh, and let's also not forget about the Military Commissions Act of 2006, another stellar gem of legislation to steal even more of our rights and give the President the right to declare someone an enemy combatant and make them disappear forever. It sounds as though I am writing about a dictatorship instead of a democracy. Bush did say, at one time, "it would be easier if this were a dictatorship, as long as I am the dictator." No, I don't think the people of this nation agree with the right as much as the right believes they do, I think the last two elections has proven this, and no, we are not a center-right nation anymore.

No comments:

Blog Archive