Comments

I really appreciate comments on my website and want people to give me their views. Please take the time to comment when visiting! The comments are moderated and I will post any comment that is signed and contains content that is generally about the subject of the post. I will not post comments that contain bad language and no anonymous comments will be posted! Thanks for Visiting my blog!

Search This Blog

The Cost of War

Recent Books I have Read and Recommend

  • "John Adams" by David McCollough
  • "Traitor to His Class" by H.W. Brands
  • "FDR" by Jean Edward Smith
  • "Truman" by David McCollough
  • "Thomas Jefferson Passionate Pilgrim" by Alf J. Mapp, Jr.

Monday, September 8, 2008

McCain and the Same Old Story

Geez, I am so tired of hearing how McCain was a POW and how much he suffered. I was reading an article about Jeffery Toobin saying McCain's speech was horrible and the worse he had heard since Jimmy Carter and toward the end of blasting the speech he stated "I thought it was disorganized, themeless, I thought it was very, very boring until the end when he started talking about his personal story, which is, of course, remarkable and always important to hear." This is so utterly disgusting I started to retch! His personal story would be "remarkable and always important to hear", if we had not heard it ad nauseum. As General Wesley Clark stated and I paraphrase, being a POW does not make one qualified to be President of the United States. But, of course, it's designed to make you feel sorry for the man and to give him a better chance of winning, so we can have at least four more years of the same stupid, failed policies that we have had for the last eight. Except this time, with the ultimate war monger in charge, it might just be worse!

No comments:

Blog Archive