Comments

I really appreciate comments on my website and want people to give me their views. Please take the time to comment when visiting! The comments are moderated and I will post any comment that is signed and contains content that is generally about the subject of the post. I will not post comments that contain bad language and no anonymous comments will be posted! Thanks for Visiting my blog!

Search This Blog

The Cost of War

Recent Books I have Read and Recommend

  • "John Adams" by David McCollough
  • "Traitor to His Class" by H.W. Brands
  • "FDR" by Jean Edward Smith
  • "Truman" by David McCollough
  • "Thomas Jefferson Passionate Pilgrim" by Alf J. Mapp, Jr.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Various Thoughts

I haven't blogged for a while; every time I sit down to start typing, I decide the topic I had in mind isn't what I really want to talk about. I guess one reason is there are so many things going on that are so good and so many that are so bad, I don't know where to start, so I guess I will just jump right in and post. I didn't get to watch all of the President's speech on Tuesday night, but the part I did see was great! He is such a fantastic speaker! The country really needs for him to stand up and be optimistic about the economy, especially with all the gloom and doom that is being fed to us daily by the mainstream media. I do believe that he accomplished this in his speech on Tuesday night. It was nice to see the un-loyal opposition giving him standing ovations, of course, I know they didn't do it for the same reason the Democrats did, it was still nice to see. There was a whole lot of excitement in that chamber! I was very surprised to hear the President mention health care reform in his speech. I didn't think he would try to tackle that quite this soon. One thing I have noticed though is this guy doesn't let any grass grow under his feet. He is a doer, not a watcher! It was pretty obvious during the campaign that he was this way, but you can't always count on a President being the same once he gets the job as he is on the campaign trail. I mean look at Bush, most people thought he was a really smart guy, he really fooled them!

It looks like Hilary is doing a good job down at Foggy Bottom. I was very much in favor of her getting that job. The wealth of experience she has, I thought, would make her a great fit for Secretary of State and it looks like I was right. Her first trip out of the country as SecState appears to have been a resounding success. I have a feeling we are going to need her very much in the near future in this position. There are many problems in the world now, thanks to Bush and Company, that need to be resolved diplomatically, and she is the person to tackle this challenge.

I was very upset at what happened to the HHS nominee, former Senator Tom Daschle. The guy did not deserve to be treated the way he was by the Repugs and I want to know where and how they got the information they did on these nominees taxes. I would have thought that information was not something easy to obtain, but maybe I was incorrect. But, of course, the media didn't say anything about it. It's rather funny to me that for years and years all we have heard is how liberal the media is, well they can't say that now without lying. The media is more conservative now than the Congress was in Bush's first term, when it was controlled completely by the Repugs. More and more lies as usual from that side of the aisle.

Alright, I am done ranting for now; maybe I will be able to write a better post in a couple of days, one that is more of one topic than a rant.




No comments:

Blog Archive